Having the best intake manifold for your engine is a necessity you can’t skip. A faulty intake manifold can not only cause overheating but also ultimately damage the engine permanently.
The popular small block V8 engine Chevrolet 350 is no exception. For running your precious engine smoothly and safely with maximum mileage you will need the perfect one.
However, choosing the right intake manifold for your Chevy 350 can be quite challenging. To help you make an informed decision, we have reviewed the 7 best intake manifolds for Chevy 350.
Start your exploration with an overall glimpse of the products.
Best Chevy 350 Intake Manifold – Comparison Table
|Product Name||Key Feature||RPM||Price|
|1. Edelbrock 2701 Performer Intake Manifold||Built with aluminum||5500|
|2. Edelbrock 7501 Performer Intake Manifold||Dual plane intake technology||5500|
|3. Edelbrock 27013 Intake Manifold||Traditional design with no breathers||3500|
|4. Edelbrock 2101 Performer Intake Manifold||Two-plane low-rise design||5500|
|5. Edelbrock 3704 Performer T.B.I. Intake Manifold||Aluminum built plenum and base||5500|
|6. Edelbrock 2116 Vortec Aluminum Intake Manifold||Made with aluminum heads||5500|
|7. Dart 42811000 Dual Plane Intake Manifold||Air gap insulator for intake charge||6000|
Top 7 Chevy 350 Intake Manifold Reviews
The product table gave you an idea about the product’s specifications. However, there are more details that play an important role in choosing the perfect one. Explore the best intake manifolds for 350 Chevy reviews to know the crucial facts.
1. Edelbrock 2701 Performer Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 2701
- Weight: 14.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 22.4 x 10.6 x 5.7 inches
The Edelbrock 2701 is one of the best Edelbrock intake manifolds for chevy 350.
This one works best with the Performer series square-bore carburetors or Thunder Series AVS carburetors. It can gain up to 5500 RPM from a rest state.
Another great feature of this manifold is the 180-degree firing range. This feature ensures improved torque over a wide range of RPM resulting in excellent throttle response. Lastly, it is great for moderate OEM operation improvements.
- This intake manifold is built with aluminum.
- Its intake style is a dual plane.
- Edelbrock 2701 features a single carburetor without EGR.
- It can be used with Performer Series square-bore or Thunder Series AVS carburetors.
- The peak torque is at 3500 RPM.
- Has a wide firing range
- Enhances torque over an extended RPM range
- Presents great throttle response
- Suitable with EGR modes
- Budget-friendly model
- Doesn’t fit Vortec heads properly
2. Edelbrock 7501 Performer RPM Air-Gap Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 7501
- Weight: 19.29 pounds
- Dimensions: 23.8 x 12.2 x 6.7 inches
The Edelbrock 7501 Performer RPM Air-Gap Intake Manifold is a performance-grade design that is both compact and long-lasting.
The cast aluminum makes this both durable and lightweight. It also has great features like water outlets in the back and nitrous bosses.
The most unique feature of this intake is the open space that protects the runners from heat oil compartments. This ensures improved cooling of the engine and produces more power gain.
Moreover, the runners on this model can increase the power by 1000 RPM higher.
- This one has dual plane intake technology.
- It has an air-gap feature that separates the runners from oil compartments.
- This model is designed especially for Chevy 350 1955-86 models.
- Its RPM ranges from idle or off to 5500 RPM.
- It features two distributor clamps.
- Great for square bore carburetors
- Prevents exhaust crossover
- Separate runners provide efficient cooling
- Provides smooth handle and spigot action
- Quick and easy installation
- Faulty core shift
3. Edelbrock 27013 Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 27013
- Weight: 16.75 pounds
- Dimensions: 27013
Another great Edelbrock manifold for Chevy 350 is the Edelbrock 27013 Intake Manifold.
This provides a Dyno-examined torque gain of five horsepower and nine-foot/pound. This can also power up to 5500 RPM even though its peak power gain is at 3500 RPM.
This model is an excellent choice for people who love vintage designs. The has a front-mounted oil fill tube along with a powdered black finish.
You will get maximized power with this intake manifold if used with a square-bore carburetor.
- This intake manifold has been designed for 262-400 cubic-inch Chevys.
- It is tuned for the highest torque at 3500 RPM.
- Edelbrock 27013 includes an oil fill tube that faces the front.
- This presents a traditional design with no breathers.
- The recommended intake gasket for this is Edelbrock #7201.
- Occupies the best features of both the old and modern designs
- Elegant black color
- Optimized for highest performance
- Provides torque increase of 5HP
- Comes with an oil fill tube
- Doesn’t come with caps for covering holes
4. Edelbrock 2101 Performer Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 2101
- Weight: 14.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 22.6 x 10.5 x 5.6 inches
If you are not sure which manifold to choose, then check out the Edelbrock 2101 Performer Intake Manifold.
This intake manifold is adaptable to all 350 engines built between 1955 and 1986. It can be used in a variety of vehicles such as passenger vehicles, trucks, towers, and even RVs.
Other features that make this an excellent choice are the water neck, air conditioning, and Heat Energy Ignition (HEI). This intake can supply the air-fuel mix or the air through to the opening ports of the cylinder head via throttle response. Also, you get an outstanding throttle response in this Edelbrock 2101 model.
- This intake manifold has a natural finish and an aluminum core.
- It has been designed for the small block engines from 1955-86.
- This model is built with a two-plane low-rise design.
- The height of this model’s carb pad is 4.05 inches.
- This intake works best with an OEM 4-Bbl.
- Comes with provisions to add oil fill tube
- Street legal in 50 states
- Works with a wide range of applications
- Compatible with the EGR systems
- Improves horsepower from the idle state
- Difficult to put the socket on the middle bolts
5. Edelbrock 3704 Performer T.B.I. Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 3704
- Weight: 19.38 pounds
The Edelbrock 3704 Performer T.B.I. Intake Manifold has a dual plane that incorporates a 180-degree firing sequence and runner layout.
It is constructed with aluminum for increased durability. You will receive an excellent throttle response within the off-idle through the mid-range.
For receiving the optimum result, you will have to use this product with the suggested carburetor. This will provide increased airflow to your engine and increase performance.
This intake manifold enables the air mixture to pass from the throttle box to the cylinder head.
- This intake manifold has aluminum built plenum and base.
- It is suitable with small-bore (1-11/16″) throttle body injectors.
- Edelbrock 3704 can be legally used in 50 states of the United States.
- It has been designed for the 1987-95 305/350 c.i.d Chevy TIB engines.
- This does not fit the Caprice, Buick, and Cadillac “B” models.
- Exceptional throttle response
- Provides elevated torque
- Works with all OEM equipment
- Enhanced torque over wide RPM
- Great for trucks and RVs
- Doesn’t provide good power gain
6. Edelbrock 2116 Performer Vortec Aluminum Intake Manifold
- Brand: Edelbrock
- Model: 2116
- Weight: 18 pounds
The Edelbrock 2116 Performer Vortec Aluminum Intake Manifold has been designed after the powerful Edelbrock 2101 model.
This dual-plane manifold is especially good for the street rod, industrial, and engine swap market. It also utilizes the 262-400 c.i.d. 1986 Chevy V8’s with cast iron Vortec.
The wide-angle firing order enhances torque over the RPM range of 5500. This specific intake manifold also has provisions for water bypass for the exterior and it can be used on both Vortec blocks from 1995 and earlier years.
Let us not forget that this Edelbrock intake manifold can replace the OEM unit as it can fit both square bore flange and spread bore carburetors.
- This intake manifold model is made with aluminum heads.
- It is suitable for both the square-bore and spread-bore carburetors.
- This also allows the use of newer models of water neck, alternator, HEI, and air conditioning.
- It can enhance the torque over the 5500 RPM range.
- This intake fits the Vortec models from 1996 to 1998.
- Has provision for external water bypass
- Works with two types of carburetors
- Suitable with parts from later models
- Can work as a replacement for OEM
- Increased torque over large range rpm
- Does not include provision for exhaust fired chokes
- Does not fit under the hood of stock Corvette
7. Dart 42811000 Dual Plane Intake Manifold
- Brand: DART
- Model: 42811000
- Weight: 5 pounds
The Dart 42811000 Dual Plane Intake Manifold provides you the highest RPM rating.
This intake has a square-bore 4-barrel carburetor that can power up to 6000 RPM. The wet flow technology used by Dart manifolds is backed by research from drag racing.
This intake manifold has improved intake and features elongated separate runners for mid-range power gain. Also, an exceptional runner and wider plenum are added to flow more air for generating high power. It will fit ideally with the 4150 model of square carburetors.
- It is compatible with intake ports smaller or similar to 215cc.
- This intake has 4.27 inches in height.
- It is matched with 4150 square carburetors.
- Dart 42811000 features essential bosses for nitrous injectors.
- This includes an air gap insulator for the intake charge.
- Exceptional RPM rating
- Unique wet flow technology
- Optimized for greater power gain
- Flows more air for efficient cooling
- Great for racing cars
- Gaskets are not included
Chevy 350 Intake Manifold Replacement Guide – Buying Guide
Selecting the right intake manifold is a daunting task. Keep a few things in mind to avoid mistakes and damage to your engine. The following facts can get you the best intake manifold for Chevy 350 in hand.
The Manifold Style
The perfect manifold for your Chevy 350 depends on the engine’s intake style and recommended rpm running range. Dual planes and single planes are the most popular intake manifolds. Each style caters to different needs.
Dual plane intake manifolds have low rpm response and they can power in the range of 1,500-6,500 rpm. Their excellent idle quality makes them ideal for moderate racing performance.
It has a sectionalized design that enables the cylinder to view all firing pulses and subdues the risk of overlay between induction pulses.
Unlike dual plane intake manifolds, single plane manifolds have only one open plenum. This type of manifold has direct runners that can supply a huge volume of air to the heads. They are great for high-speed racing.
The Hood Clearance
If retaining the hood is a priority for you, check the intake manifolds that have a similar measurement to your stock manifold. Remember that you can avail higher intake manifold via air cleaner or hood scoop. However, this feature will demand more investment and time.
Cylinder Head Port Style
Chevy’s heads have multiple port styles like rectangular and oval. Therefore check the head port style of the cylinder. You have to ensure the intake runner ports suit your cylinder head ports.
Mounting Pads of the Carburetor
You will find three types of mounting pads in typical four-barrel carburetors like spread bore, square bore, and dominator. Hence, make sure the intake manifold you are choosing works well with your carburetor’s mounting pad.
For fuel injection manifolds matching the throttle body of the intake to your car’s throttle body size.
What is the Best Intake Manifold for TBI 350?
Edelbrock 2701 Performer Intake Manifold is one of the best choices for us. This Edelbrock intake manifold features a unique dual plane. The cast aluminum-built intake is extremely long-lasting and perfectly suitable for square bore carburetors.
Moreover, this intake manifold has space to separate the runners from oil compartments. Therefore, it can cool the engine quickly and in turn increases power and performance. Lastly, this lightweight design also features water outlets and distributor clamps.
How to Remove the Chevy 350 Intake Manifold?
Before installing your new intake manifold, you need to remove the previous intake manifold from your Chevy 350. Removing the intake manifold is somewhat tricky. Therefore, learn the right process for preventing damage to your engine.
So, here is the process.
#1. Begin by loading the engine using air that is compressed.
#2. Mark all connections so you can reconnect them easily during installation.
#3. Drag the distributor top and adjust the rotor tips forward.
#4. Remove the distributor clamp and then exclude the clean-off from the distributor.
#5. Then remove the sensors and vacuum lines of the Q-jet.
#6. Cut the linkage between the fuel lines and separate the fuel line.
#7. Take out the bolts from Carburetor and get them out.
#8. Unbolt the manifold bolts.
#9. Remove the manifold from the gasket using the screwdriver.
How do I know what Edelbrock intake I have?
Identifying what Edelbrock intake you have in your newly bought Chevy 350 can be quite confusing. Edelbrock puts the model name and number on the front area of the intake manifold. So look at the front of your intake manifold for the model number or name.
In case the number has worn off due to use, check to see whether the runners are on the same level. If they are on the same level, your manifold is one of the single-plane ones such as the Torquer. If the runners are on different levels, then it is a dual plane manifold such as the Performer.
How to install Edelbrock intake manifold chevy 350?
To enjoy your new intake manifold properly, you need to grasp the right installation process. Otherwise, minor errors might cause damages to your engine.
Here is a step-by-step process.
#1. After removing the previous one, clean all the surfaces and get ready for a fresh gasket.
#2. Smear Permatex gaskets closer on both planes of gaskets and place them above the heads.
#3. Apply Permatex silicone above the head and back china and then put silicone below the edges of the gaskets.
#4. Smear some silicone beneath the gaskets in the place they meet the china.
#5. Put the fresh piece above the heads and fix the bolt slots.
#6. Now the bolts need to be torqued in.
#7. For returning the distributor, set the rotor counterclockwise with an angle of 20 degrees from the forward position.
#8. Connect the EGR valve.
#9. Install the carburetor.
#10. Finally, reconnect all the wires and pipes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All these products might have left you with some queries. Therefore, we will address a few of the general questions that you might have.
Q: Who bought Edelbrock Intake Manifold?
Answer: The Industrial Opportunity Partners (IOP), a private equity firm bought Edelbrock Intake Manifold on June 7, 2010.
Q: How long does it take to install the intake manifold?
Answer: You will need about 2 hours to install the intake manifold.
Q: Chevy 350 intake manifold bolt size?
Answer: The standard bolt size for Chevy 350 intake manifold is from 3/8-16 inches.
Q: What are the torque specs on a Chevy 350 intake manifold?
Answer: The torque rating of the Chevy 350 intake manifold is about 380 lb-ft.
We understand that choosing the best intake manifold for Chevy 350 is not easy. Nonetheless, we have attempted to make this job simpler. Hence, to get the perfect match for your Chevy 350, go over all the aspects presented here.
All the intake manifolds mentioned here are great for Chevy 350. Still, if we had to make a final opinion, we would choose the Edelbrock 2701 Performer Intake Manifold. This one provides both exceptional power gain and durability.